Saturday 12 November 2011

Feedback.. :)

  1. Crawling - doesn't work?
  2. Purpose for walking through the door? What are we considering? Myself in that event.
  3. The moment needs to break - but not crawling - maybe being sucked out.
  4. What are we thinking about? A particular layer of the body? Add a layer of texture.
  5. First corner section feels too quick. Improvisation has lost its reality in rehearsing. Contact has to feel real. 
  6. Don't readjust when lying down - think of head on belly - don't worry about lying on your back - feels & looks too unnatural.
  7. Whole hands on the floor.
  8. Diagonal - moments when it feels too practised - slow it down. Frame the beautiful moments - give it space to breathe.
  9. Texture / reasons for river. More layers of sediment.
  10. Run backward in river needs to be a run!! That moment needs to be marked - a pause. Give it a breath.
  11. Making too much preparation for the lifts. Don't wait for it. Timing.
  12. Tension in the hands generally. 

I really appreciate the feedback Katye gives us. I think she has a way of putting things that really makes me question what we're doing. This has helped me add texture to my dancing; I feel I need to find a purpose for my moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment