Tuesday 16 April 2013

Experience of Teaching...

I am reflecting today after my peer facilitation/ teaching session.
Teaching is something relatively new to me - I have aiding in others teaching & led small improvisations before, but never have I self-led a group on a topic of my choice.
What follows is the hand-out sheet I gave to my peers...



Contralateral Movement Pattern..

"The Contralateral pattern is the basic pattern of our bipedal walking and running... Most mammals display this pattern in their normal walking gait. Although at certain phrases of the movement the coordination appears to be the same as for the homolateral pattern, the initiation is different"   Wisdom Of The Body Moving, Linda Hartley

Seeing the body in 4 quarters...

Finding the diagonal lines through the centre...

Intention and desire for the other... Being engaged in the world...


 Psoas Muscle:
"As part of the iliopsoas, psoas major contributes to flexion and external rotation in the hip joint. On the lumbar spine, unilateral contraction bends the trunk laterally, while bilateral contraction raises the trunk from it's supine position."
"It forms part of a group of muscles called the hip flexors, whose action is primarily to lift the upper leg towards the body when the body is fixed or to pull the body towards the leg when the leg is fixed."


_______________________________________________________________________

 I found it was really difficult to know when to add in more information.
I gave my dancers choices of what they wanted to move with.
Feeding into the space - different things to work with.
Showed clear images

x

No comments:

Post a Comment