Wednesday 5 January 2011

Free Assosication Writing..

Today we tried 'free association writing' (writing whatever comes to mind). We were prompted how to start (in bold) & then given 3 minutes to write. The pen cannot leave the paper...

"On the ground I am free floppy like a creative or animal rolling & slothing around. Melting into the floor like butter soft. Cold floor makes me tense up but warm comfy clothes help me be squigy & soft. Comfortable don't have to hold any weight dead weight into the floor..."

"In the air I am like a bird flying high in the clouds. Weightless and free elegance. In the sky I can be who I want & feel free & happy & light. Holding weight sometimes feels heavy but in the air I am like the gentle beat of a butterfly wing. No one can see me..."

It honestly felt quite bizzare and down right wierd wrtitng whatever came to mind - I apparently have some pretty strange thoughts. I think I could use this as a score to improvise from in the future. Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment