Saturday 24 March 2012

Katye's Class..

Started lying with the back surface on the floor..

 
Rocking the skull from side to side - feeling the axis.
Arcing in the skull - the nose arcing backward and forward.
Allowing the heels to join in this arcing - speeding up until it becomes a rocking.

Rocking the pelvis from side to side (raising the knees a little - feet on the floor).
Allowing the knees to fall completely to one side & the skull to the other - the ear of the skull & the ear of the pelvis on the floor.
Move this into rocking side to side.
On one side - arcing in the spine (nose & knees coming together then pushing away).
Try this with the image of the skull & the coccyx arcing away.
Rolling over the back / stomach on to the other side.


Spiraling in the spine.
Curving                            Arcing. 
Getting to the end of 1 spiral & then rebound, like a spring uncoiling.
Taking the spiral past its point.

Adding a little momentum - I kept falling a little.
Try not to let the shoulders gert too involved - dont hunch!
Follow it through.
Try something vertical & then test it out on the floor.
Lines       spirals      arcs     energy.


Spiraling / arcing through the space.
Partner drawing lines of energy. On & out of my body.
This really helped me to follow the directional pathway. Finding the end of my spiral.
Felt long & taller!

I found that if I applied the directional pathways partner graphic & the idea of the 3 masses (from SRT) I could fully involve my body in this exploration. I felt so much taller and longer. I felt in connection with my volume & my 3D self.


After a lousy week, this class really helped me.
I found it was one of those classes I could fully engage myself with.
My mind didnt wonder - something Im grateful for at the moment!
I really felt like this class reminded me how much I love dancing - not usually something I need reminder off..

x

No comments:

Post a Comment