Saturday 17 March 2012

Maddy's Light class..

Maddy (a 3rd year) took our improvisation class today - her focus was lighting and its effect on the moving (& vice versa).. I really loved this class.. It got me thinking about my own FMP for next year!! Exciting :)..


Started on the floor: moving to awaken ourselves..
Thinking about the light around us - the thickness of that light..
Slowly throughout this exploration, the lights are getting lower until they are completely off..
I loved dancing in the dark 
                                             Heightened sense of awarenesses
                                                                                                    Feel uninhibited 
                                                                                                                                 Inspired..




Lights off.
One spotlight lamp on the floor.
Moving towards that light in pairs.

Felt as though I had to stay on that one trajectory.
Felt like all my movements were directed toward that light.
Played with shadows and my body parts blocking the light.

We then tried moving away from the light to see how it affect our movement.
I kept turning around to face the light.
Still direction my body and movements towards the light.
Felt like the end of something.



4 lamps on the floor.
A trio of people exploring each light source.
We had a little pink china lamp to explore.

Felt like a caveman first discovering fire - like I'd never seen a light before.
Wanted to touch it                                  
pick it up                
 move it.
Covering it with my hand and body parts.
Wanted to be really close to it.
Picking it up & plaving it against different parts of my body ( face / neck / arms ).


Nice to have an external focus.
Magical.                        Essence.

"Dancers live in light as fish live in water"


I've been really inspired by this class.
It really got me thinking & is one of those classes that just sticks with you.
Thankyou Maddy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment