Saturday 10 November 2012

Body Systems..


What body systems do I notice when I am moving?
What systems are available to me?



For me the systems I tend to remember / connect with seem to be:

           respiratory system
                                         skeletal system
                                                                  circulatory system
                                                                                                 nervous system

I think these are the systems that aren't necessarily always ready for me, but they're definitely the ones I would think of first. So I thought I would do a little research on the systems of the body.

The Digestive System:
Organs that break down food

The Endocrine System:
Made up of a group of glands that produce the body's hormones.

The Immune System:
Body's defence mechanism.

The Lymphatic System:
Filters out organisms that cause disease & produces white blood cells.

The Muscular System:
Made up of tissues that work with the skeletal system to control movement of the body.

The Nervous System:
Made up of the brain, the spinal cord & the nerves.

The Reproductive System:
Brings air into the body & removes carbon dioxide.

The Skeletal System:
Made up of bones, ligaments and tendons.

The Circulatory System:
Transports blood through the body.

(http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0774536.html)




The respiratory system is very available for me today. 
Flow of breath. 
Maybe because I'm focused on my cough!!
....
The digestive system is not available today - I'm not aware of it.
It does what it needs to do internally without notice.


x



No comments:

Post a Comment