Monday 5 November 2012

Somatics..


Today we were discussing our understanding of somatics.
I seem to have held somatics as something more complicated in my head, when it is really something we do everyday. It allows us to understand movement through our bodies / embodied sense of moving. It stems from within - listening to your body and what it needs.




Moving with the senses
I found that I didn't want to move with my eyes closed until I started exploring touch.
I was playing with my hands on my face, body, clothes.
 Playing with my skin & my texture.
Outer layer of my skin touching the air.
Absorbing air into my skin.
Exploring the sounds in the room.
Found myself ignoring the sounds & focusing on her voice. 
Not necessarily what she was saying - but the rhythm / repetition / accents / tone / pitch.
Visualising her voice - seeing it as light.



Playing with eyes open & closed.
Wanted them open while I explored gravity / sound / weight / skin in the air.
Wanted them closed whilst I explored my skin touching my body.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment